Friday, February 17, 2012

A glance at my reading stack, part two

Same Kind of Different As Me
by Ron Hall and Denver Moore
Just knowing that a book is based on a real-life story usually causes me to become more engaged in reading it, and this book was no different.  Growing up a Louisianian sharecropper yearning for the freedom of the white men, Denver eventually finds himself living on the streets in Fort Worth, Texas.  On the other hand, Ron lives a very different life as a Texas rancher and fine art dealer. Through an amazing journey of redemption, their lives intersect.  I won't give away the ending, but I rarely cry during books and this one made me sob (just ask Caleb!).  I highly recommend it!


Don't Panic - Dinner's in the Freezer
by Susie Martinez, Vanda Howell, and Bonnie Garcia
On a complete different topic, I've found this cookbook to be the most helpful freezer cooking resource I've tried so far (although I have not tried many yet!).  I found their tips for how to package and prepare foods for freezing to be particularly helpful in letting me fit more into less space.  Also, each recipe lists the amounts of ingredients x1, x3, and x6 so that you see at a glance how much you need for preparing large quantities.



No comments:

Post a Comment